Hand Sanitizers And Soap For Africa Smallholder Farmers To Curb COVID-19
Safe Hands For Smallholder Farmers in Africa
Worldwide, more than 5 million confirmed cases of coronavirus ‘COVID-19’ in 185 countries as of May 21st 2020, has been reported with devastating effects on our everyday lives. The vulnerable Africa continent especially the smallholder farmers has been hit hard due to lack of information and the financial means to prevent themselves from the fast spreading virus.
EuroAfri Link has added its voice to the fight against COVID-19 by donating a minimal of 1000 hand sanitizers, masks and soap to smallholder farmers in 10 African countries among which; Uganda, Rwanda, Malawi, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and Kenya. We want to help our farmers wade-off the virus. Our goal is to reach 50,000 farmers and pastoralists in rural Africa especially youths and women led businesses. Our starting point is Rwanda and Uganda whom we have trusted local partners on the ground Ingabo Syndicate and AfriFood, and whom we greatly collaborate. Also, EAL is having some projects in these countries at the moment.
We acknowledge the disruptions that COVID-19 has had on food systems in developing countries especially in Africa were tighter border controls were instituted and national lockdowns all which have led to immense loses and livelihood disruptions. Together with our partners, we are focused on helping smallholder farmers restart in a much better and smarter way. We appeal for your support to enhance this investment in people who feed 80% of Africa’s population and beyond.
Our plea to our well-wishers is to join us to help these farmers during these difficult times by donating more hand sanitizers, masks and soap to reach our goal of 50, 000 farmers in Africa. Our field collaborators and local partners are doing their optimum best to sensitise the farmers on the preventive measures and we will make sure your donation reaches the right users. Check out for some results here.
Make a difference and impact your world. Donate Today! Anything that you can is welcome.
Co-Founder and CEO EAL
Making a difference in curbing the spread of coronavirus ‘COVID-19’ in your community
- Maintain Social distancing – Avoid crowds and other activities that puts you in close contact with other people.
- Increase your personal hygiene. Wash your hands regularly at least for 20 seconds after using the toilets or after a walk outside.
- Cough inside your elbow or in a tissue and dispose of it.
- Maintain respiratory hygiene.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and noise (face)
- If you are coughing, have high fever and difficulties in breathing, please contact your doctor (physician) to find out if it is the virus or just a common cold.
- Massive testing of the population, tracing and isolation will help to define the magnitude of the disease and what we are all dealing with.
Remember by protecting yourself, you also help to protect others!
For more information about the virus, tips, symptoms and prevention, please visit;